Hello and some pics

Stop here to introduce yourself if you're new.
kidnanrud
Family Member

Hello and some pics

Postby kidnanrud » June 29th, 2011, 10:55 am

Hello. I am Richard T. Durnan, son of Harry Durnan and grandson of Thomas and Anne (Schmit) Durnan. I now live in AZ after having been raised in Gibbon, Minn. I have posted some old pictures at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickdurnan/
The one of the farmhouse I have as the Thomas Durnan homstead, but if the narrative I read is correct, Tom took over the farm from Bridgette, so it wouldn't have been Grandpa's homestead rather his father Stephen's. Supposedly this is the picture of the farmhouse on the Little Wapsie.??
There is also a set of pictures of the Schmits (there was no "d" in the name) my grandmother Anne's family. There may be some interest in some of these also.
Anyway, post a note and let me know what you think.
Dick

Eric E. Durnan
Family Member

Re: Hello and some pics

Postby Eric E. Durnan » June 29th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Thanks for sharing those photos. It's wonderful to meet more family members. Do you mind if I use any of those photos of yours in family history related pursuits?

The home that you have listed as Tom's is Stephen and Bridget's old home place. I have actually been by that farm and know where it is. I have a video on the website here of what it looks like driving by today. Your Grandpa Tom lived on that farm for awhile and some of his kids were born there. He then moved over towards Oran and rented for awhile before buying land. He amassed quite a bit of land in his time.

Again, I appreciate your joining the forum here and participating in this project. What I'm trying to do is to preserve our family heritage for our children and their children, etc. If we don't do it, it'll be lost to history and I hate to see that happen to our great family!!!!

kidnanrud
Family Member

Postby kidnanrud » June 30th, 2011, 8:42 am

Please feel free to use the pictures in any manner you find useful. Thanks for the response about the farm. I'm pretty sure that my dad was born and raised there based on some other pics.
Thanks again.
Dick

Eric E. Durnan
Family Member

Postby Eric E. Durnan » June 30th, 2011, 1:46 pm

I tried downloading some of those photos and it said that downloading of those photos was disabled. Is there any way you could enable downloading of those photos? Thanks for sharing them and allowing their use!!! -Eric

Return to “The Porch”