Adding Pages

General Conversation.
Eric E. Durnan
Family Member

Adding Pages

Postby Eric E. Durnan » May 23rd, 2011, 4:51 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I've put up pages for Stephen and Bridget on the main site. It's difficult for me to find a way to tell the story with as much info as I have. If I could sit down & write a story in Microsoft Word, then save it to .pdf, I'd be okay. It's hard transferring it to a webpage. The program that is provided to build the webpage doesn't work very smooth. It reminds me of working on an old Windows computer, pre Windows 95. I have two problems using programs that are better - #1, they are prohibitively expensive. Sort of like some tools that mechanics use, the average person can't afford to buy it, nor justify the cost unless they plan to use it and make money from it on a regular basis. I'm not making money from this site, so for me to buy a $1000 program, it just doesn't make sense. #2, I don't understand web design well enough to create a fancy webpage. While I'd love to learn how to build webpages, and could probably do it from home for some income, I don't know where to go learn it. I'm not in good enough health to travel to college right now, so I'd have to learn from someone else or learn online. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Thank you to those who have signed up here on the forum already. It appears it'll be slow going to get people to use it. I'm not sure if it's because they don't know how to use it, don't want to use it, or something else. Either way, after I get the main pages built, and there are several more in the works, I will put more time into posting on this forum. I'm hoping we can attract family members from all over. It'll be good to connect with other parts of the family and learn more about our heritage. I listed this website with both the Google and Yahoo search engines and they should begin crawling it this week. That means it should start showing up in web searches for those who are looking for Durnan family info.[/FONT]

Return to “The Living Room”