A story told by Leo Durnan Sr. to his children

Good spot to tell jokes and post things that people might not want to see in the general area.
mslagle
Family Member

A story told by Leo Durnan Sr. to his children

Postby mslagle » May 27th, 2011, 7:41 pm

As a child growing up I can remember my dad (Leo Durnan Sr.) as a great story teller. (must have been that Irish blood)
This story was always one of my favorites, no matter how many times I heard it I always laughed, even though I knew the ending. I guess that is an indication of a good storyteller.

"Peaches"
My father recalled a year in his young life when a schoolmate's mother had a peach tree that produced a generous crop of peaches. This resourceful woman canned the peaches in small jars, and put them away for her son's school lunches. As fall came and school began, this young man would bring a small jar of canned peaches in his lunch everyday. My father said he would watch his fellow school chum eat those peaches everyday, and his mouth would water as he would imagine how wonderful they tasted. Well, after some time had passed, and my father's torture grew, this young school chum had begun to tire of the peaches in his lunch. My father recalled one day as he and his friend sat down to lunch, his friend pulled out the jar of peaches, held them up, look at them, and much to my fathers dismay said, "Peaches, you sons a bitches!"

I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did as a child. If you knew my father you probably closed your eyes, heard the mischief in his voice, saw the twinkle in his eye, and knew he enjoyed this story as much as you.

Eric E. Durnan
Family Member

Re: A story told by Leo Durnan Sr. to his children

Postby Eric E. Durnan » May 31st, 2011, 12:38 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Grandpa was quite the story teller. He had a way of speaking that could really "juice" a story up. I sure miss hearing him tell stories. I hope you share more stories about Gramps. You have a wonderful writing style and it's a pleasure to read![/FONT]

Return to “The Bathroom”